October 11, 2014

24o ZG | Japanese Fighter | the 1st



It’s been a while since I don’t post. But this doesn’t mean that I stop working even a second.
I’m about finishing my Nissan 24o ZG.
I have been always fascinated by the Japanese aggressive sport cars. Their design, assorted with a daily car look is the perfect combination. I love the look of used car, not excessive but in an natural way. We all know that a real life daily used car cannot be perfect. It has some scratches, some damaged paint, some dirt we cannot wash off, even some little rusted areas. But this is the “charm” of such a car we love and use as much as we can.
Reproducing cars like real ones was always a challenge for me as a modeller.
image from http://www.1999.co.jp
The style I choose this time becomes a pure Japanese way of life, Shakotan. Wikipedia tells us that “Shakotan is a style of car originating in Japan in the 1970s. A shakotan car has an extremely lowered body, and, in Japan, it is usually owned by a Yanki (a sort of gang-like people who are mostly living in the rural areas). Shakotan's biggest inspiration being Shakotan Boogie, a manga series introduced in the mid-1980s.
My preferred Japanese classic sport car is, by far, the Nissan/Datsun 24o Z/ZG The kit I choose is a 24o ZG made by Hasegawa. The main reason for choosing this kit is the existence of the over fenders in the kit, separated from the body.
Hasegawa Nissan Fairlady 24oZG box art - image from http://s1.scalemates.com
Paint scheme: what could be more appropriate than a classic Japanese WW II fighter air-plane scheme? Said and done: I bought an AeroMaster set of decals for 1|48 scale.

So, this is the project I’m going to finish soon.
Soon, some more details!
You can follow the evolution of this project in real time on the W . I . P page.

No comments:

Post a Comment